Examples of times to use your local computer without connecting to the vPC:
- To take an online test or complete other tasks on STInet
- To access web-based course resources that you have a login or access code for
- When you don't have an Internet connection available
Examples of times to use the vPC:
- To use program-specific software that is not installed on your computer, but is provided through the Southeast Tech vPC. This includes a need for Windows 10 or Office 2019 when you do not have this software or this version of software on your own computer.
- As a backup for tasks you would complete locally if you are receiving unexpected errors