Microsoft Office Installation Notes:
- This process can be completed anywhere that you are connected to the Internet. You do not have to be connected to the Southeast Tech network to install and set up Microsoft Office.
- You need to know your Southeast Tech email address and password to access Microsoft 365. You should have received an email with this information when you registered for classes.
- This process may take a while, depending on your computer.
- If at any point in this process you get stuck, stop at the IT Support Center or call us at 605.367.4461 for assistance.
Basic Installation Steps:
- Go to http://365.southeasttech.edu and sign in with your Southeast Tech email address and password.
- Click the Install Office button.
- Click the Office 365 Apps button.
- Run the installer after it has downloaded.
- Wait for the installation to complete. This may take a while. If you get an error or if the progress bar doesn't move for 5 minutes or so, review the options available on Microsoft's Support Site.
- After the installation, open Microsoft Word, and use the link in the upper right corner of the screen to sign in with your Southeast Tech email address.